Thursday 14 December 2017

Film Review: Star Wars: The Last Jedi

13.12.17

Shifa won tickets to watch STAR WARS: THE LAST JEDI at @reelcinemas at Dubai Marina Mall.
Shifa isn’t here at the moment, so Mum and I went!! We reached pretty early, so we got our tickets and sat outside the cinema on the fancy sofa. (This Reel Cinemas felt even more fancy than Dubai Mall). And while we waited, 2 other movie-goers (the lady’s sister was a representative of Reel Cinemas, so they got special passes) were give lightsaber toys. Oh. My. Goodness. I want to say I was happy for them, but I was also extremely envious 😭😭.

So, afterwards, when it was time, we got free popcorn, a drink and water (locked and loaded for the movie!). We got to our seats and we were thrilled to find out that our seats were semi-reclining and veryyyy comfy. 
And after that, it was just waiting for the clock to strike 12 for the movie to start. But first of all, can we talk about how INCREDIBLE the Dolby Screen was. The demonstration had me absolutely floored! First, the range of sound. Next, the clarity of image. And lastly, the colour. Oh. My. Word. This had me reeling (haha, a little unintentional pun there). But seriously, a really, really great screen to watch great movies on. 

Now, on to the movie:

{Synopsis:
Having taken her first steps into the Jedi world, Rey joins Luke Skywalker on an adventure with Leia, Finn and Poe that unlocks mysteries of the Force and secrets of the past.}


Well, what can I say. It’s
STAR
FRIKKIN
WARS.

Incredible cast. Incredible cinematography. ALL THOSE FEELS. 

My man, POE FRIGGIN DAMERON. And my little Finnegan! And my WONDERFUL, LOVELY, BADASS SMOL BEAN, REY!!

And omggggg. BB8. AND CHEWIE. AND LEIA. AND LUKE. AND C3PO. And basically just everyone. 

Kylo Ren’s scenes were really great; powerful. One scene in particular was like “oh, *expletive*”. However, I’m still a bit confused about him. Is he conflicted? Or is he really evil? Or is he just a big cry baby.

Also, I felt like Captain Phasma needed a lot more scenes.

There are some fantastic plot points (that will be developed in the next installment, I hope) and some interesting new characters- Rose!!- also, there were quite a few jokes, which are not necessarily bad, but a little different.

A great movie, but am I terrible if I say this wasn’t as exciting as Episode VII- The Force Awakens? It felt more like a foundation stone for the next installment. 

Side note:
Can I just dress like Rey all day, everyday? That girl got some mad fashion sense πŸ€™πŸ½

Lastly, a HUGE thank you to Reel Cinemas and the partners for bringing Star Wars: The Last Jedi to Dubai’s screens! πŸ™ŒπŸ½πŸ™ŒπŸ½❤️

No comments:

Post a Comment